Outdoor Music in the Boat
See a video of Trampled by Turtles, who is playing the Free Summer Concert in Steamboat series at Howelsen Hill Amphitheatre, this Friday, July 13, 2012
One of the best things about summertime in Steamboat is, without a doubt, all of the opportunities to hear great live music outside. Whether you're enjoying an evening out with the whole family at the free summer concert series, bootstomping to country at the rodeo, luxuriating amidst the classical notes at Strings in the Mountains' weekly Music on the Green, or just kickin' back, acoustic style, while shopping at the Mainstreet farmer's market there's something here for all musical tastes. Please enjoy this small sampling of Steamboat summer music and don't forget to pack the sunscreen!
Here are a few of The Steamboat Group's Top Picks for Outdoor Music this week (and they're all FREE):
- Wednesday, July 11, 2012: Legal Tender (classic acoustic rock favorites.). Outdoor stage at Sweetwater Grill, 5pm
- Thursday, July 12, 2012: Music on the Green. Classical music with Tesla Quartet. 12:15pm-1pm at the Steamboat Botanical Gardens.
- Thursday, July 12, 2012: Trevor G. Potter with Walt and the Ol’ 37, Americana. 5:30pm-8:30pm on the patio at Rex's American Grill
- Friday, July 13, 2012: Trampled by Turtles at Howelsen Hill Amphitheatre. Free Steamboat Summer Concert Series. Opening band at about 5pm, main act to follow.
- Friday, July 20, 2012: The Samples & Zack Heckendorf at the Steamboat Ski Area Stage. Free Steamboat Summer Concert Series. Opening band at about 5pm, main act to follow. (Click on the video below to get a sneak preview).
With the addition of the outdoor stage and gorgeous new Burgess Creek promenade at the ski area, outdoor music is accessible by foot or bike from homes located either downtown or nearby the mountain. Fantastic views coupled with amazing tunes give new meaning to Steamboat's best "surround sound".