We are known as "Ski Town USA," but the friendly community, western heritage and laid back attitude are why people come to Steamboat Springs, Colorado. These traits truly set us apart from anywhere else in the world. No matter which aspect initially drew you into town, whether the ski mountain or the Friday night rodeos, it is the combination of all activities that makes Steamboat what it truly is. Upon discovering this, most never want to leave.
Top 10 Reasons to Live in Steamboat
1. A real town with a friendly community and fantastic people. We have a full complement of arts, music performances, lectures and diverse entertainment.
2. Base altitude of 6,900 feet. More comfortable (more oxygen) than other CO mountain towns but you still will huff and puff when you hike to ski the chutes.
3. Great tree skiing and Champagne Powder®. Friendships are forged simply discussing the 20 fresh inches on the mountain.
4. Renowned fly-fishing, world-class golf courses, indoor/outdoor tennis facility, ice rink and endless hiking and mountain biking trails... you can work in the morning and play in the afternoon.
5. Pro rodeo series. "Steamboat was a ranching town before it was anything else," said John Shipley of the Steamboat Springs ProRodeo Series. "I think the rodeo is important to our community because it reminds us of our heritage in Northwest Colorado. It helps us keep our noses on our faces and not up in the air and our boots planted firmly on the ground."
6. Direct flights from over 8 cities in the Winter. We have one of the best mountain airports with a clear flight path allowing a safe approach even in nasty weather. This makes access convenient but our distance from Denver keeps out the day visitors.
7. Family-friendly resort, with a "kids ski for free" program plus airfare and lodging discounts. Entertainment the whole family will love — winter carnival, 4th of July parade, tubing, alpine slide and the natural hot springs to name a few. Where else can you see kids ski behind horses down Main Street?
8. Excellent medical center staffed by fantastic doctors. Whether you are a visitor or a local, you can get great care in town from a long list of specialists that are hard to find in most mountain towns.
9. Air conditioning isn't necessary. We have a long Summer with temperatures in the mid-70's to mid-80's. July can be in the 90's but with our low humidity it does not feel hot. Nights are cool which makes great sleeping weather.
10. You want your kid, or yourself, to be an Olympic athlete, or at least feel like one.
The community has activities that span well beyond sports traditionally associated with Steamboat. Whether it is a summer afternoon that you spend strolling around the Yampa Valley Botanic Park or volunteering at the local hospital, there is always something to do. Steamboat provides you with the outlet to enjoy the lifestyle you want and take in the natural world in the way that you enjoy.
The friendly community and active lifestyle are a few reasons for making the change to live in Steamboat Springs. Real estate is simply an extension of living in Steamboat, a comfortable place to kick-up your feet at the end of the day, regale the past days activities and plan for tomorrow. We believe that we can help you in this process of finding such a place. Please feel free to search the Steamboat MLS at your leisure and when you're ready, give us a call to discuss your goals.